Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hikes, Gardens, and Hammocks!

Well because I want each post to be meaningful, I have decided to pack a whole bunch in here!
A week or two ago Randy, David, Laura(my siblings) and I all went on a hike to find a cave.  It took us awhile to find but after a few hours we did.  We thought it was so cool we went back with a few more.
 This is near the beginning.  Can you believe the Chamberlains went all the way while holding Stockton? Them be tough people.
It was a pretty steep hike.  Not exactly kid friendly as our source said.  Still a great hike.  At the very end there is a super steep slope with a lot of grave so it is really hard to get up.  We brought a rope this time around to make it a bit easier.  I think it helped a lot.  A good gospel lesson in it too.  When your are using it you have to lean back a bit because if you lean forward the gravel starts to slip out from under you.  You have to put your trust in the rope. 

I like in this picture how Chamberlain is bringing up Stockton like he's about to go into a tackle. 


It was one of the funnest hike I have ever been on.  It's kind of amazing we found it the first time we went up the slope above just kind of randomly.  At the top was the entrance. 
 At first glance we thought it was just like 8 ft deep into the mountain(lame!) but it was one of the those you keeping going further back and the is always just another curve.  I think it's about 150 ft. long. 
Here is a picture with us at the end of the cave.  The light is all from the flash.  If you turn of your flashlights it's pitch black. 

I think we all had a great time, it just wore us out a bit.  I look famished.
 

In other news Jenny and I got a hammock

It's pretty sweet, we also got a garden. 

We hope that it is successful as our plants.  They have grown quite a bit

  
Well I hope this post wasn't too long or give too much detail.  I don't know if you heard but the word on the street is that those blogs are out!


3 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. I think you always have exactly the right amount of detail, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these great pix, Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh :) I actually think your blogs are very meaningful and perfect and not to repetitive or happen to most. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete